I’m still in the process of writing my first ever book review, so this week’s post is going to be an update on my now overly-extensive reading list. I’m not sure if it’s a bonus or a curse, but ever since I started following blogs I’ve discovered more books than I can possibly handle! That doesn’t mean I’m not going to read them, though. I just might have to continue my Warcraft siesta. Or read faster. That might work.
I’ll have to admit, I’ve only managed to read one book from my original TBR list. Anna Dressed in Blood was a phenomenal read, and is the book I’m currently working on a review for.
Updated TBR list, in no particular order:
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. Sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood.
- The Elite by Kiera Cass. Sequel to The Selection – I read this on vacation and got hooked.
- Nefertiti’s Heart by A.W. Exley. Steampunk romantic mystery.
- Maleficent by Elizabeth Rudnick. Novelization of the new movie (not to mention, I adore Maleficent – favorite Disney villain ever)
- Stolen Bloodline by Mishka Jenkins. A fellow blogger, Ms Jenkins also has Heart of the Arena and The Queen’s Jester available. All are varying types of romance. All are on my list.
- Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A. Thompson. Fantasy romance.
- Timebound by Rysa Walker. In progress. Sci-fi romance.
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. In progress. Sequel to Throne of Glass. Fantasy romance.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. Sequel to Cinder. Sci-fi romance.
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Sci-fi romance.
- Armed and Magical by Lisa Shearin. Book two of the Raine Benares series. Fantasy.
- Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis. In progress. Paranormal romance.
- Storm Born by Richelle Mead. Paranormal fantasy.
Huh. I’m noticing a trend in my reading choices. I really like romances… Didn’t realize all my fantasy choices had romance, too. And yes, I know I’m ‘reading’ three books at once. I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to choose, so I chose them all. Sue me!
In addition to these thirteen, I also want to start Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden books, and reread The Hollows series by Kim Harrison to prepare for the final book. *sigh* It’s a good thing I adore books!
As always, feel free to point me towards any books you might think I’ll like. Despite what this list looks like, I read almost anything – not just romance. I promise!