Probably one of the most terrifying words in the universe, right up there with writer’s block.
Sadly, I succumbed to procrastination the last few days. I’m hopelessly behind on my novel – so I’ll be waiting just a teeeny bit longer to decide how to set up my blog. But, at the very least, I can try to get in the habit of leaving a little something to show I’m still alive. And trying.
Also, many thanks to Hayley Knighten for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I don’t feel comfortable accepting at this time, especially since I don’t have anyone to nominate in return, but I’m extremely happy and flattered for the nomination. I thought it would be fun to answer her questions, though.
- What is your favorite book – One that has pages. No, in all seriousness, I think it would be almost impossible for me to pick one. I guess maybe Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey?
- How long have you been blogging? – About three months. Give or take a week.
- Where do you buy most of your books? – Depends. Most of my physical books are impulse buys at Wal-mart (I’m a sucker for the $4 price tag) or Barnes and Noble. Ebooks are always kindle. Yay, Amazon!
- Do you have a preference for books written from a certain point-of-view. Which is it and why? – I don’t have a preference as far as reading goes. But writing, I tend to like third person omniscient.
- Who is your favorite literary character? – Uh. This is a tough one. I guess, right now? It’s one of my characters. Marius. He shows up briefly in UnBlessed, and I fell so much in love with him that the sequel is all about him. I know. I’m weird.
- What upcoming book release are you most looking forward to this year? – The next Toby Daye book in September! *squeals* Tybalt! (He’s probably literary favorite #2)
- What was the last book you read all in one sitting? – Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. Excellent book, by the way. Looking forward to continuing the series!
- What really popular book or book series have you still not read? – The Vampire Diaries
- Do you participate in NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo? – Both!
- What is your favorite genre? – Fiction. Hehe. I guess if I had to go more specific, I’d say I like Fantasy best, followed by Paranormal, then Regency Romance. I’ve noticed a lot of folks classify YA as a genre, too, but I just consider them just like every other book. So, yes, I YA Fantasy is just as appealing to me as an ‘ordinary’ Fantasy.
- What are your writing and/or reading goals for this month? – Finish the rough draft of my next novel, at the very least. This is, of course, assuming I can stop messing around.
On a side note, I finished reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer. (Yeah, that may have something to do with the lack of progress on the novel front. In my defense, I only intended to read a chapter on my lunch at work!) Needless to say, it was an amazing read. My only ‘complaint’ is that now I’m dying to have the next book – I just have to know what happens next! *deep breath* Okay, okay, Crystin. Manage to crank out 10k by the weekend and the next book is yours … Right.